Great Lakes Homestead Peanut Mix
Regular price $0.00
(Arachis hypogaea); Sold in shell; Minimum 1/2 ounce (at least 15 shelled seeds)
Originally known as Sherck's Composite Peanut Mix, a mix of varieties offered by Indiana seedsman John Sherck, this composite has expanded to include a few more varieties.
This in-shell peanut mix may contain pods of the following varieties:
- Tennessee Red Valencia - excellent flavor and earliness
- Black - earliest to mature
- Thai Peanut - excellent flavor
- Fastigiata Pin Striped Peanut - sweet and resistant to mycotoxins
- Argentinian White Valencia - diminutive yet bursting with flavor
- Canadian Maritime Valencia - reliable producer
- Madison Farmers' Market - excellent regional adaptation
Growing peanuts for the first time? Please see our Peanut Growing Guide.