Recommended Alternative Suppliers
We realize our focused inventory won't satisfy all your seed desires. Please consider supporting these companies in our Great Lakes region to meet those other needs.
- Sherck Seeds - Indiana seedsman, mentor and friend, John Sherck's collection of grains and legumes adapted for northern growing conditions is impressive.
- Nature & Nurture Seeds - Erica and Mike operate a certified organic farm-based seed company that features regionally adapted varieties.
- Ann Arbor Seed Company - Eric and Meredith provide seed from a burgeoning collection of open-pollinated vegetable and ornamental varieties.
- The Garden Hoard - Michigan based seed supplier that propagates heirloom seeds for a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, flowers and herbs.
- Fruition Seeds - a like-minded seed company in New York's Finger Lakes region offering varieties for short-season gardens.
- Hudson Valley Seed Company - an inspirational seed company also in New York State.
- Turtle Tree Seed - yet another New York State seed company worthy of our support.
- Small House Farm - the Cohens are a seed enthusiastic family offering a wonderful collection of Michigan grown seeds.
- Michigan Heirlooms - Karen Golden, Michigan's Tomato Whisperer, offers an amazing and inspiring array of spring transplants of tomatoes, peppers, and more for in-person pick-up (only) at her Highland greenhouse.