Recommended Alternative Suppliers
Looking for larger quantities of beans than what we offer? We highly recommend contacing the good folks at Sheridan Acres. Fellow bean enthusiast Kevin represents the 4th generation to grow heirloom beans on his family's farm in Michigan's Thumb region.
We realize our focused inventory won't satisfy all your seed desires. Please consider supporting these companies in our Great Lakes region to meet those other needs. (Yes, I am aware of quite a few additional worthy seedhouses that are not on this list. Their omission is purely the result of an intentional focus on our Great Lakes region.)
- Sherck Seeds - Indiana seedsman, mentor and friend, John Sherck's collection of upland rice adapted for northern growing conditions is impressive - he truly is the Gold Standard when it comes to rice cultivated in cold temperate climates.
- Ann Arbor Seed Company - Eric and Meredith provide seed from a burgeoning collection of open-pollinated vegetable and ornamental varieties.
- Nature & Nurture Seeds - Erica and Mike operate a certified organic farm-based seed company in Michigan that features regionally adapted varieties.
- Small House Farm - the Cohens are a seed enthusiastic family offering a wonderful collection of Michigan grown seeds.
- The Garden Hoard - Michigan based seed supplier that propagates heirloom seeds for a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, flowers and herbs.
- North Circle Seeds - Minnesota based circle of growers producing regionally adapted seed using sustainable and organic practices.
- Fruition Seeds - a like-minded seed company in New York's Finger Lakes region offering varieties for short-season gardens.
- Hudson Valley Seed Company - an inspirational seed company also in New York State.
- Turtle Tree Seed - yet another New York State seed company worthy of our support.